Banana & yogurt muffins
- Makes 24 mini-muffins, 24
- Contains: egg, gluten, wheat, dairy
What you'll need
4 oz (1/2 cup) plain full fat yogurt
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 very ripe bananas
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon milk or milk alternative 24-cup mini-muffin tin
*If your baby has an egg allergy, replace the egg with 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce.
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Add bananas, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into mini-muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.
If your baby suffers from allergies, check with your pediatrician before trying these recipes.