Easy-Peasy 5 Veggie Pasta for Baby
- Makes 6 servings (1/3 cup), 6
What you'll need
1 cup pasta of choice (whole grain, gluten free, lentil, bean, etc)
1 cup mix of chopped vegetables, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons parmesan
How to make it
- Fill a large stockpot 3/4 of the way full with water, and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package. If using fresh vegetables – when you have 2 minutes left on the timer, add in the vegetables into the pasta water. If using frozen vegetables – when you have 4 minutes left on the timer, add in the vegetables into the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, stir together the olive oil, garlic powder and basil. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables.
- In the same stockpot, add in the cook pasta, vegetables and olive oil mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Veggie Suggestion – you can use almost any veggies you have on hand for this dish – broccoli, cauliflower, peas, squash, corn, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, sweet potato, etc. The key is to chop them into small pieces so they cook in a short amount of time and so they are also easy for baby and tot to eat.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.