Mild Curry Chicken & Veggies with Brown Rice
What you'll need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into coins
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
1 14oz can canned coconut milk
2 cups cooked brown rice
Makes 4 small and 2 adult servings
How to make it
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, roughly 4 minutes.
- Add in cubed chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned, stirring often. The chicken will not be done at this point.
- Add in the tomato paste, curry powder and ginger, and stir for 1 minute, coating the chicken.
- Add in the carrots, peas, red peppers and coconut milk, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let cool slightly and serve over brown rice.
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.