Tropical Fruit Puree
Homemade Baby Food Puree
What you'll need
1 ripe mango, peeled, flesh cut from pit into small chunks
1 ripe papaya peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
Breast milk, formula or water, as needed
How to make it:
- Place the mango or papaya chunks in a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the breast milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to thin the puree; it should pour easily and have a consistency slightly thicker than heavy cream
- Serve immediately. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze in individual portions for up to 3 months.
Tip: when frozen these fruit purees provide baby with sweet relief when teeth start coming in!
How to freeze baby food:
- Place pureed baby food in an ice cube tray. Each ice cube is 1-2 ounces.
- Cover trays with plastic wrap or with an ice cube tray cover.
- Once the cubes freeze, transfer them to a storage container or plastic freezer bag. Label the bag with the name of the food, date and quantity of cubes.
To test for any food allergies or reactions, feed baby one new food
This recipe is from our Happy Family Organic’s Cookbook, for more great recipes check out the cookbook here
Always check with your child’s doctor first if you have any questions about introducing new foods and textures.